HabbPixels ~ Habbo is made of pixels isn't it?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
»  How To Get A Life
Should I Customize My ProBoard? EmptyWed May 11, 2011 3:51 am by Chrismarke

» New York city,
Should I Customize My ProBoard? EmptyFri May 06, 2011 3:40 am by Chrismarke

» funny time ~
Should I Customize My ProBoard? EmptyThu Apr 21, 2011 10:39 am by Chrismarke

» Chicago city
Should I Customize My ProBoard? EmptySat Apr 16, 2011 4:02 am by Chrismarke

» Top 10 most popular attractions
Should I Customize My ProBoard? EmptyMon Apr 04, 2011 4:30 am by Chrismarke

» Hi everyone
Should I Customize My ProBoard? EmptyFri Apr 01, 2011 4:29 am by Chrismarke

»  Washington
Should I Customize My ProBoard? EmptyThu Jan 13, 2011 5:02 am by Chrismarke

» Are you smart enough to answer this riddle?
Should I Customize My ProBoard? EmptyWed Oct 27, 2010 7:17 pm by zanggazq

» Hi all
Should I Customize My ProBoard? EmptyTue Oct 26, 2010 1:51 pm by Chrismarke

Poll

Should I Customize My ProBoard?

Go down

Should I Customize My ProBoard? Empty Should I Customize My ProBoard?

Post by AmberPhoebe Fri Aug 13, 2010 8:53 am

One of the nicest features of ProBoards, is that virtually every aspect of it can be customized from images, to the actual layout.

But should you customize your ProBoard, and if so, just how much customization should you do to it?

Coding

As stated above, virtually every aspect of a ProBoard can be customized. There are tons of PB Hacks out there that will customize the layout of your board, either by changing the layout, or adding or removing something.

First, I would like to make it known, the more codes you use to customize your ProBoard, the longer it will take to load. You cannot have night without day, good without evil, ect. It's just the nature of the beast.

However, before you get discouraged, let me point out some of the positives in customizing your forum code wise

• Distinctiveness

With more then One million ProBoards out there currently, it is very important to attempt to make your forum as distinctive as possible. I mean isn't that why we change our colors, add custom gradients, ect? The more distinctive, and original your board is, the better chances it stands of sticking out from all of the rest, and the better chances it stands for success.

• Appearance

Like mentioned above, distinctiveness is very important. However, no matter how distinctive and original the board is, that will almost mean nothing if it does not look good as well. There are many customizations one can make to their Proboard to enhance it's appearance.

For example; It is always a good idea to make sure the width of the board, and the width of the banner match. There are some exceptions to this rule, but for the most part, this usually looks best.

Again, in most cases, a 'fixed' background (A background image that is fixed in one spot, and doesn't move with your forum as you scroll through it) looks better then a non fixed one.

AmberPhoebe

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum